Wet Memorial Day Weekend
It is going to be a very wet Memorial Day Weekend. Hopefully, we will catch a break on Monday and be able to get out to honor our veterans. In the meantime, take a moment to prepare for significant rain and possible flooding. The National Weather Service is forecasting a couple of inches of rain across NJ with the potential for flooding along the coast, rivers, and low-lying areas.
As the first heavy rains of the season approaches, here are some quick tips to check and prevent water damage:
- Check your gutters and downspouts – if you have had any new landscaping or mulch installed check to make sure the water will flow freely away from the structure
- Check your basement sump pump to make sure it is operational
- Make sure items are on shelves or otherwise raised off of basement/ flood prone floors
- Make sure the patio furniture you just put out is secured
- Turn off the gas line to your grill
If you experience any water damage rest assured that SERVPRO will be ready to respond and provide assistance 24/7/365.